SanerNow Patch Management Solution facilitates rolling back incompatible patches. You can roll back patches to their previous version at the patch level.
Let us learn how to roll back updates in SanerNow.
- Go to Patch management dashboard in SanerNow.
2. Click on Rollback.
3. You will be displayed with the list of installed patches. Select the device or group of devices and click on apply. Also, select the asset family to revert the patches. You can also choose the assets manually.
4. Click on Revert Selected Patches. You will be displayed with Create Rollback Task Window to create a task for rolling back the patches.
Select desired Task controls, and you are provided with three options under Task Controls:
- Rollback Time frame: here, you can select a time to apply rollback. You got three options,
- Immediate: You can immediately rollback patch by setting Rollback Time Frame.
- After Schedule scan: Rollback task executes once the scheduled scans are carried out. Also, set the Rollback Time Frame to rollback the patch
- Custom Date: You are also facilitated to select the date on which the rollback task must execute
- Rollback Notification: Give desired notification start and end message
2. Reboot Control: You have control over reboot after patching.
- Do Not Reboot.
- Reboot Automatically with a reboot message.
- Schedule the Date and Time to reboot with a reboot message
Note: This value specifies the local date and time at which reboot will be mandated on all endpoints. Logged-in users can postpone reboot on their machines until this date-time value is reached. A prompt will appear on the user’s screen before initiating a reboot.
The Create Rollback Task window provides a Task Impact section where you can see online, and offline devices and patches applied.
3. Click on Revert Selected Patches.
You have successfully reverted selected patches!