SanerNow provides insights on the activity of the patches on a specific device. Various metrics allow you to manage the patch after the task is created.
Let us learn how to check the status of the patching activity. Once the patching task is created, you can view it in the status section of the patch management module.
- In SanerNow, go to the Patch Management module.
2. Click on Status.
3. Your patching task gets updated in the list with the Host details.
4. Select the Asset Group.
5. Now, select the Operating system and Asset family.
6. You can also check the device status: Active, Inactive, Agent uninstall.
7. There are 19 job statuses. From the drop-down box, you can select the desired job status.
8. To view the full description of the job, click on View.
9. You can retry the job to get the desired status.
10. You can also remove and reboot devices. Filter out the devices you want to remove a device, reboot device, and rollback patches.
11. To remove devices, select the devices and click on Remove Devices
12. To reboot devices, click on Reboot devices and fill out all task details and schedule the reboot session with a reboot message
13. You can queue the patching job and filter them based on Patch, Schedule, Rollback, Firmware, Reboot, and Test and Deploy. Along with this, you can stop and delete the patching activity.
14. In addition, you can export the job status through a CSV file.
Now you know how to check the status of the patching activity