We’re excited to bring you our latest release – SanerNow 6.0. This release offers exciting new features, enhancements, new APIs, and bug fixes.
What’s New in SanerNow 6.0 #
New Product Launch (Beta): #
A beta launch of our new product, SanerNow Risk Prioritization (RP), is introduced to help prioritize vulnerabilities. The implementation is based on CISA SVCC (Stakeholder Specific Vulnerability Categorization) framework. SanerNow RP will help prioritize risks needing immediate remediation in your organization. Request your trial access to SanerNow RP(Beta) by mailing [email protected].
New Features: #
- Unified Dashboard: We’ve revamped the existing dashboard with a whole new representation of end-to-end vulnerability management through a unified console. The Unified Dashboard paints a clear and concise picture of the security risk posture of your organization, covering Visibility, Detection, Prioritization, and Remediation all in one console. The interactive dashboard helps you easily navigate between SanerNow tools.
For more information: https://www.secpod.com/blog/effective-end-to-end-vulnerability-management-with-sanernow-unified-dashboard/
- Cyber Hygiene Score: We’ve introduced Cyber Hygiene Score (CHS) – a new perspective to risk scoring. This new feature quantifies risks existing in your organization with a hygiene score. It provides you with a plan of action – a set of best practices that you can follow to remediate the risks and increase the Cyber Hygiene Score of your organization.
For more information: https://www.secpod.com/blog/sanernow-cyber-hygiene-score-to-quantify-cyberdefense/
- Authenticated Network Scan: We’ve enhanced SanerNow Network Scanner to perform authenticated scans against target network devices. You can now provide credentials to perform authenticated scans on your network devices to discover vulnerabilities with Deep Scan.
- Organization Reports: Organization-wide reports are introduced for a consolidated view across multiple deployment sites/accounts. You can built custom reports at the Organization level using Report APIs.
- Non-Security, feature updates for third-party applications: SanerNow Patch Management (PM) now supports updating non-security feature updates. Around 400+ third-party applications are assessed and facilitated for updating.
- Network Scanner Report: A detailed scan report is introduced for each configured Network Scanner. The risk assessment report can be viewed or exported into PDF per network scanner.
- Misconfigurations Risk Scoring: Misconfigurations (CCEs) risk scoring is now based on Common Configuration Scoring System (CCSS). Each CCE score is computed based on the CCSS algorithm and categorized as Critical, High, Medium, and Low.
- Email Notification for SanerNow PM, SanerNow CM task: You can now configure to receive email progress notifications for Remediation Job and Remediation Rule in SanerNow PM and SanerNow CM. The notifications are sent during the initiation of jobs and when the jobs are completed, in addition to receiving daily, weekly, or monthly scheduled notifications.
- Event-based job/rule execution delay in SanerNow PM and SanerNow CM: You can specify the days by which weekly and monthly scheduled automation tasks must be delayed in SanerNow PM and SanerNow CM. This is useful to defer the deployment of patches by a certain number of days after Patch Tuesday, for example.
- Application Restart Post Remediation: We’ve enhanced the SanerNow PM tool to notify you if applying a patch will trigger an automatic application restart.
- Remediation instructions: We have enhanced the remediation instructions to include remediation details and provide reference instructions.
- Malware Vulnerability Enumeration (MVE) v2 – SecPod’s proprietary vulnerability intelligence library is enhanced to include additional malware and threat intelligence information and MITRE ATTA&CK information.
- Enabled multiple CVE searches in SanerNow VM: You can now search for multiple CVEs in the VM tool search bar.
- Audit Logs Enhancement: We’ve enhanced Audit logs to capture new events, including agent installation, move, and uninstallation of SanerNow Agents.
- Network Scanner Enhancement: Network scanner now supports domain and hostname-based scanning.
New Operating System supported: #
Introducing support for the following operating systems:
- Windows Hyper-V Server 2019
- Ubuntu 23.04
- Amazon Linux 2023
REST and Report API Changes: #
- We’ve enhanced the below Report APIs by adding ‘start date’ and ‘end date’ filters to search for a date range:
- Remediation Patch Details by Asset
- Misconfiguration Fix Details by Asset
- Remediation Patch Details by Task
- Misconfiguration Fix Details by Task
- Remediation Patch Details by Group
- Misconfiguration Fix Details by Group
- Remediation Patch Details by Host Name
- Misconfiguration Fix Details by Host Name
- Remediation Patch Summary
- Misconfiguration Fix Summary
- We’ve added two new columns – ‘Build Version’ and ‘Family’ to the following reports:
- Report Name: All Devices
- Report Name: Device Details
- We’ve added new columns to the following reports:
- Report Name: Patch Compliance Report
- Columns added:
- Release Date
- Detection Date
- Patch age in days
- Total Risk Count
- Report Name: Patch Summary Report
- Column added:
- Release Date
- Report APIs CSV download will contain data based on the search filter you applied.
We know SanerNow 6.0, with its new features and enhancements, will be your trusted ally in keeping vulnerabilities at bay and preventing cyberattacks on your organization. Our teams are constantly building new features that will be part of our future releases. However, as our valuable customers, if you’ve any feature or enhancement suggestions to help improve your experience with SanerNow, please send them to us at [email protected].