We are excited to bring you our latest release – SanerNow 6.1. This release offers exciting new features, enhancements, and bug fixes.
What’s New in SanerNow 6.1 #
New Features: #
- Agentless Scanner: We have introduced an Agentless Scanner that brings a unique approach to performing security assessments remotely while retaining the super speed and scan accuracy. With this, you will be able to assess all your devices without having to deploy an agent on the endpoints, servers, and workstations.
- Using SanerNow Agentless Scanner, you can perform an on-demand scan for vulnerabilities and misconfigurations on your devices without permanently installing SanerNow Agent. Also, Agentless Scanner allows you to schedule scans to run periodically.
- The scanner supports SMB, SSH (Secure Shell) based authentication to remote targets.
- We have enhanced the Network Scanner functionality to authenticate to endpoints and run scans securely. This feature allows you to gain deeper insights into the security posture of your devices by detecting all the vulnerabilities and misconfigurations.
- Device Tagging: We have introduced Device Tagging, a new feature to help IT teams manage devices in their organization effectively. Device Tagging allows you to add, modify, and delete tags for device(s) present within the organization. You can further leverage the tags to create custom groups, search filters, perform tag-based operations across the product, and execute remediation jobs/rules.
- CMDB (Configuration Management Database) Discovery, Import and Export of data:
- SanerNow discovery data with Configuration Items (CI) can be exported in the CMDB schema.
- You can now import information about devices and their assigned tags from CMDB into SanerNow. At the same time, you can export information on devices and their tags from SanerNow to your respective CMDB.
- You can now import
- Proof of Detection: You will now have deeper insights into vulnerabilities and misconfigurations and why they were detected as vulnerable on your devices in SanerNow. With an intuitive representation of the detection summary, you can easily understand vulnerabilities and misconfigurations with clear evidence.
- Introduction of NIST CSF and STIG benchmarks: We have introduced compliance benchmarks for NIST CSF (Cybersecurity Framework) and STIG (Security Technical Implementation Guides) in the SanerNow CM (Compliance Management) module. You will now be able to assess devices against NIST CSF and STIG benchmarks and also mitigate the configuration deviations to align with the benchmarks.
- Faster Security Content Download: We have revamped our cloud infrastructure to enable SanerNow Agents to download security intelligence content faster using the Content Delivery Network (CDN). You must ensure that https://resources.secpod.com and https://saner.secpod.com are added to your firewall’s whitelist to get optimal performance from SanerNow Agents deployed on your systems.
- Risk Prioritization Inclusion in Cyber Hygiene Score: SanerNow Cyber Hygiene Score computation will factor in Risk Prioritization in addition to the Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVEs), Common Configuration Enumeration (CCEs), Missing Patches, and Posture Anomalies.
- Enabled monitoring for LUKS Partitions: We have introduced LUKS (Linux Unified Key Setup) encryption monitoring capability for Linux devices. You can now monitor drives encrypted with Linux Key Setup encryption using the SanerNow Posture Anomaly (PA) tool.
New Operating System supported: #
Introducing support for the following operating systems:
- IBM AIX (Beta Release)
- Windows 10 IoT Enterprise
- Windows 11 IoT Enterprise
REST and Report API Changes #
Here is an overview of the API changes made in SanerNow 6.1.
Newly Added APIs
- Get Basic System Details: The ‘getbasicsystemdetails’ API will return basic system details such as IP Address, MAC address, memory, and operating system of the devices in an Account.
- Get Installed Applications: The ‘getinstalledapplications’ will return details of installed applications such as application name, version, publisher, and host details of the devices in an Account.
- Get Non-Sec Job Details: The ‘getnonsecjobdetails’ API will retrieve the details of non-security remediation jobs, including firmware, rollback, and reboot jobs in SanerNow Patch Management (PM) and Compliance Management tools.
- Get CHScore Summary for Device with Status: The ‘getChScoreSummaryForDeviceWithStatus’ API will retrieve the score, SanerNow Agent status, and hostnames for the devices in an Account.
We have modified the following APIs to support the Device Tagging feature.
‘getChScoreSummaryForDevice’ has been deprecated. Instead, you can use the ‘getCHScoreSummaryForDeviceWithStatus’ to fetch the score for the devices in an Account and the status of the SanerNow Agent.
Report API Changes
We have introduced the following two APIs to display the evidence information of detected Vulnerabilities and Misconfigurations.
- Misconfigurations By Devices (Compliance Management)
- Vulnerabilities By Devices (Vulnerability Management)
We’ve enhanced all the applicable Report APIs to support the Device Tagging feature. You can pass the tag key and value using APIFilters.
End of Support #
The latest version of SanerNow Agents won’t support the following operating systems as they’ve reached their end of life:
- RHEL (Red Hat Enterprise Linux) 6.x
- Oracle 6.x
- CentOS 6.x
Older SanerNow Agents (version 6.0.x and below) will continue to support the above operating systems.
Enterprises today face large-scale sophisticated attacks – making it harder to defend themselves. We strongly believe that SanerNow 6.1, packed with its latest features and enhancements, will help you bridge the gap in your cyber defenses and shield your organization against cyber threats.
As always, our teams are continuously working to build new features and enhancements that will be part of our future releases of SanerNow.
We would also love to hear from you. As our valued customers, your feedback matters to us. If you have any suggestions or feature requests that may improve /augment your experience with SanerNow, please do not hesitate to send them to us at [email protected].